Hired as a Principal User Interface Designer to improve the various user experiences of Enterprise Vault, including:
- Symantec Enterprise Vault Administration Console (an MMC snap-in)
- Symantec Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-in
- Symantec Enterprise Vault Outlook for Mac toolbar
- Symantec Enterprise Vault Reporting
In addition, I was responsible for the total redesign of:
- Symantec Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator
- Discovery Accelerator is an electronic discovery solution that lets authorized users search for, retrieve and preserve, analyze, review, mark, and export or produce emails, documents, and other electronic items for lead counsel examination or court-ready production – rapidly and in a cost-effective manner.
- Symantec Enterprise Vault Compliance Accelerator
- Compliance Accelerator lets organizations perform cost-effective supervisory review of their employees’ communications to ensure compliance with regulatory bodies.
These applications were originally ASP.NET web apps. I undertook the user research, design, validation, and oversaw the development process to completely rebuild them in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
Designed a brand new search and explore user experience for the ~30 million end users of Symantec Enterprise Vault. Defined the product requirements, mapped out the user journeys, produced the wireframes and visual designs, and planned and managed the usability testing. Spent time in Pune, India, directing the engineering team to achieve a pixel perfect implementation of my designs. Achieved >85% user satisfaction rating with Beta release.